Re: [oletrucks] Wireing

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wireing
From: Jay Duncanson <jduncanson@crosswinds.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 20:12:44 -0700
Don't just hook it up. You might get lucky and burn out a single
misconnected wire. Or you might have a nice ol' fire in the hole. You
choose...

What do you mean by "continuity on the main battery wire at the switch"?
Clearly, there should be continuity between one of the ignition switch
terminals and the battery wire.

What you don't want is a dead short between the battery wire and ground. Do
you have an ohmmeter, or just a continuity tester? With all switches off,
you should have very high resistance to ground, essentially an open circuit
(assuming there's no electric clock or stereo system connected, and even
then there should be a high resistance between the battery wire and ground).

If you've got a short circuit between the battery wire and ground, then
search again. You can disconnect, one at a time, various wires from the main
battery wire to try to isolate the short.

Good luck...

jay