Re: [oletrucks] Weatherstrip retainer to door

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weatherstrip retainer to door
From: Stkcode <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:04:24 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Mark,

Sounds like your reffering to the c-channel that goes
along the hole upper and sides of the inside of the
cab that the door closes into.  Mine where spot welded
but where removed when I got the truck.  I can see
where the previous owner ripped it out.  I'm probably
going to have to try to make one now since mine are
gone (this is unusal).  Someone mentioned that 47 -49
series where held in with clips and screws...if
so...then I hope I can find one of those.  The factory
assembly manual refers to them as being welding in as
well.  I would try to rivet it in...its clean and
quick with minimal work.  You could weld it or use
screws but screws are ok but kind of a pain in the A$$
trying to keep them on the end of the screw driver
while screwing them in.  With welding, this metal is
not very thick, be careful...also you might have a
head on that weld when your done.  When you put your
weatherstripping back in that head might rip it up.
Personnally, I'm just going to rivet mine all the way
on in.  All three ways work and should be fine as the
holding the weight...just my opinion.

Good luck which ever way you choose,
Jon
Mod 53 3100