Re: [oletrucks] New Motor!!!

To: "A.B." <bigfred@unm.edu>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] New Motor!!!
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 18:00:57 -0700
Oh the Big Block will fit but not with the stock steering box.  You'd
probably need to switch to a Toyota box.  The suspension "springs" might not
be able to handle the added weight.  You may also experience body roll on
cornering "requiring a swaybar", and some disc brakes for obvious reasons.

I've already done the big engine route and although it's fun and people
really get a shock out of seeing this big lung and dual carburetors, I can
honestly say that I had more fun and drove more often with just a mild small
block.  I know my wallet liked the small motor too!

I'm considering going to the 700R4 this coming winter.  Mainly for the
overdrive and gas mileage but the lower first gear ratio and seat of the
pants experience won't hurt!

I'd vote for the 327 and 700r4 combination.

Beside that 58 will sure look good with the big block in there sitting nice
and low!

Joe