Re: [oletrucks] Ford 9" rearend

To: cayfords@sympatico.ca, stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Ford 9" rearend
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 16:42:49 -0700
i bought a housing from a mid 70's F-100 or F-150 for $30, it already had
the perches ground off and no brakes or axles or carrier. it is, i believe
54" flange to flange. its about 2.5" narrower than the caddy rear end i have
in my truck now. so the ford will fit perfectly since my tires no rub on the
outside of my rear fenders when i have a full load.

i got compleat brakes, from the backing plate out with new wheel cylinders
already installed and half new shoes from pick-n-pull for $40 and a carrier
given to  me, but it has 2:33 gears or something close to that, i need 3:50s
or 3:55s, but im only $70 into it and all i need now is gears and axles for
chevy 5 on 4 3/4"

oh, my truck is a TF

Brian M
Atwater, CA