[oletrucks] '55 1st water pump

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] '55 1st water pump
From: Rick Warren <bluu55@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 19:23:36 -0700 (PDT)
I have a '55 1st series with the 235. The water pump is leaking real bad. I
have searched for a new water pump, but get confused as to which one I need to
get. I have found some for '53 thru ''54 216s and 235s. I have also found some
for '55 and newer 235s. Do I need to get the short shaft one, or the long
shaft? Some I have seen have the 3/8" pulley and some have no pulley at all. I
have'nt taken the pump off of the engine yet. It is completely stock. Which
pump is correct for my application? The price range that I've found so far is
between $49 and $75. Do you think I can get one through Napa or other flaps?
Thanks in  advance!

Rick Warren

'55 1st 3100

http://www.expage.com/oldbluu
Yahoo! Auctions - Click and bid on cool stuff like Dave Matthews Band Tickets &
more!