Re: [oletrucks] Carburetor's 4- bbl.

To: chevy1@jps.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Carburetor's 4- bbl.
From: "Perry Smith" <perigrinephalkon@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 18:39:47 -0600
Hey Joe, I had a lot of problems with a Q-jet that I rebuilt for my sons 78
Nova custom, just couldn't get it dialed in, so I opted for the Carter AFB
and finally got the Nova running. Later a friend had the Q-jet on his Blazer
fail so I gave him the one I had, he put it on and it ran perfectly. About a
year later we were repairing some coolant leaks from under the GM aluninum
intake manifold and found that there was a severe vacum leak at the intake
ports because the manifold was warpped. I had a terrible time getting the
Nova through emisions now I know why. I was really begining to doubt my
skills for a while there. O well live and learn.
Perry Smith
58 GMC fleetside
58 Chevy step side in a basket
Phoenix AZ