[oletrucks] 46 Emergency Brake Cable install

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 46 Emergency Brake Cable install
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsol.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 23:24:49 -0400
I have purchased replacement cables at a truck show last week.  In order to
remove the old cables I needed to cut them and then I could get both sides
removed from the backing plate.  The cables I purchased did not have the
larger piece that holds the cable to the outside of the backing plate - I
need to pull these from the old cable and attach to the new cable (at some
point).

Is there a way to install these that anyone would recommend?  I have NOT
tested anything yet.

What I am guessing is to first remove the brake pads.  Then push the cable
from the inside of the backing plate to the center of the truck.  I am
guessing that all of the medal cable sleeve and the rubber bumper tubes will
fit through the whole in the backing plate.  Then once through I would need
to attach the piece from the old cable that attaches to the backing plate
next to the felt pad.  Then I would be on my way.  Again, I am just
guessing - has anyone done this?

Thanks,
NHJim