Re: [oletrucks] Under Dash Light for my 50

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Under Dash Light for my 50
From: Stkcode <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2001 09:33:24 -0700 (PDT)
Good question...did you look to see if it popped out
of the housing for one of your gauges?  I had the same
thing when I got my truck...ended up that the light
had pop out of the side of the gauge housing that
lights up the fuel/oil etc. gauge at night.  If it is
some sort of courtesy light, it should not be just
hanging their.  Their should be some sort of metal
housing around it.  I just took a look in the
accessory manual and it does have a hand drawn picture
of how the courtesy lights should look.  It has a
light both on the left and right hand side under the
dash.  However, the manual says these are for a car
and does not show a truck version like they do on
other things in the manual.  If it helps any, I could
scan it in and post it....

Jon
Mod 53 3100 Deluxe

--- Pastorjon994@cs.com wrote:
>     Jon, I noticed a single light under dash that is
> just dangling there out
> of the loom.  It seems to fall right about the area
> of the top cowl vent
> handle on my '50.  Sorry, that mail got sent before
> I was finished.  Should I
> look for another one under dash?  Are they supposed
> to just hang there?
> Thanks.
> Jon Callahan
> '50 3100