RE: [oletrucks] Interesting '56 GMC Rescue Van...

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Interesting '56 GMC Rescue Van...
From: Stkcode <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 10:31:08 -0700 (PDT)
I completely agree with you.  I have no idea!!  I did
this once to and got a nasty gram for doing it.  It
was a part that had been requested, so I thought I'd
help that person out and post a link to it.  Ended up
that it wasn't the exact part they where looking for
but they kindly thanked me for posting it.  Yet, I get
a nasty gram a few days later from someone else for
trying to help.  Doesn't this violate what this group
is all about?  Helping each other out with their old
trucks....

Jon
Mod 53 3100 Deluxe

--- Bill Broadway <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com> wrote:
> > This particular truck is rare enough that I should
> probably forego
> > any message, but there have been a series of these
> posts recently,
> > and I wanted to remind all that the standing rule
> on oletrucks is no
> > ebay postings unless you are the seller.
>

> Why not just post them, instead of making us new
> people dig through the
> archives? I have no desire to go searching for the
> answer.
>
> I don't use eBay, never bought or sold, don't even
> have an account ..  but I
> like to look at links posted. Your logic seems
> backwards, if I post a link
> to eBay that is not mine I have nothing to gain in
> it. On the other hand if
> someone posts a link to something on eBay they are
> selling, they have vested
> interests in posting it .. and to me it's a good
> example of spam.
>
> So why not enlighten us newbies why something so
> harmless seems to be a
> criminal act around here.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
> between 1941 and 1959

=====
Jon
stkcode@yahoo.com