Re: [oletrucks] Killer 51GMC status

To: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Killer 51GMC status
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 21:49:36 -0700
Now we're talking Jon!!!

I'm thinking your going to want a cam with a lot of overlap and that starts
producing power in the lower power band say around 1500 rpm.

Start out a little fat on the jetting and then tailor it back by checking
the plug condition.

I like the headlight lens idea but I think you should lean the whole front
of the fender back a tad and not just sink in the lens.  Make it look like
your flying when it's standing still.....

I'm sectioning a hood right now "lowering and leaning it back".  I'm
sneaking up on the desired slope.  The angle of the hood really causes the
angle to change fast as the metal is removed.  I'm having to do a lot of
relief cuts up front to line up the top and bottom front sections.

I also only cut up what would other wise be thrown away........Heck half the
stuff I build was headed toward the wrecking yard.

For the bed I like the custom route.  I see a newer style 90's bed but with
suburban fenders molded in with a roll pan with flush mounted taillights,
sunken license plate and stainless steel exhaust tips exiting out on each
side of the license plate.  Oh yeah you need to have a fiberglass tonneau
cover.

Joe