Re: [oletrucks] Spiders - Off Topic?

To: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spiders - Off Topic?
From: "Rockerfellers" <dbr@powerweb.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 13:30:56 -0500
Spiders really creep me out!  Ok so  here are my two cents worth about the
hair 8 legged fiends!  You say you work on a slab, and I assume your under
some kind of cover.  Seems to me you built the perfect spider nestting
place.  Warm, out of the weather, and I'm sure lots of other creapy
crawlies.  Here is a trick that a race car friend of mine has used in the
past to keep the mud from the track from wrecking his paint and graphics.
Spray your truck with baby oil.  Yes!  Baby oil!  It will protect your paint
from the bug bomb stuff and you can wipe it off later.  I would enclose the
entire area, set off two or three "Spider killing" bug bombs and head for
high ground for a day or two.  Remember that spiders are not insects and
require special sprays to kill them.  I've proven this many a time in
Nothern Wisconsin with Cedar spiders and a can of Raid.  Damn spiders just
smiled and kept going!  And these things get the size of small Teranchulas.
Good Luck!  Squish a few of them for me!

John "Rock" Rockefeller
1949 3100 "Eeyore"