Re: [oletrucks] Brake part needed

To: "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake part needed
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:54:21 -0400
Andy, I replaced the brake return spring on my '47-2 a couple of years ago.
I just went to the LAPD (local auto parts dealer) and bought a generic
spring.  Works fine and no problems in two years.  Getting it on was the
toughest part.  VERY hard to stretch it enough to get it hooked on.  Got
some good tips from a couple of list members.  Take a 5" piece of coat
hanger or stiff wire.....make a hook on the end.....clamp on the non-hook
end of the wire with a pair of vice-grips...the use this contraption to hook
to the new spring so you can pull it forward enough to attach it.  Let me
know if you need more info on this.
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC
tcape@weblnk.net