Re: [oletrucks] Brake part needed

To: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>, "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake part needed
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:15:42 -0700
>Andy, I replaced the brake return spring on my '47-2 a couple of years ago.
>I just went to the LAPD (local auto parts dealer) and bought a generic
>spring.  Works fine and no problems in two years.  Getting it on was the
>toughest part.  VERY hard to stretch it enough to get it hooked on.  Got
>some good tips from a couple of list members.  Take a 5" piece of coat
>hanger or stiff wire.....make a hook on the end.....clamp on the non-hook
>end of the wire with a pair of vice-grips...the use this contraption to hook
>to the new spring so you can pull it forward enough to attach it.  Let me
>know if you need more info on this.
Go buy a brake pliers from your FLAPS or ? for probably less than $10 .It
will pay for itself the first time you use it. I've had one since I was
about 14 years old, it's paid  for itself many times over and trust me 14
was a looong time ago :)
"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net