RE: [oletrucks] New 55 Cameo

To: <mark@noakes.com>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] New 55 Cameo
From: "Ernie Ganas" <Ernie_Ganas@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:00:06 -0700
Mark,

Funny you should ask about Microsoft's warning page, my wife did also. I'm in
my den and she yells from the kitchen what is this adult material warning about
your truck photo's. Oh well when you live in the land of lawyers I guess you
have no choice. I'll have to finish a Web Site or a home page for my toys<G>

As to the truck, my initial inclination is to leave it "bolt-on modification"
stock. The problem is I don't want to drive it daily, but it isn't going to be
a garage queen shined up only to display. I'll use it as a fair weather, around
town, occasional vehicle and it has to be drivable on the freeways for
occasional local, <100 mile, trips.

I'd appreciate any Cameo contacts so if your brother would give me an e-mail
address I'd like to gather as much in the way of resources as I can. I was a
fairly active Hot Rod enthusiast before I went in the Army 40 years ago and I
can't remember ever seeing a gray Chevy V8 engine. From what I can tell the
engine is an original 265 Hydramatic engine although it may have been rebuilt
when the truck was owned by a Chevy dealer in the late 70's. Not only is the
"V" in the VIN but the front engine mounts are riveted in, not welded. I have
what appears to be an original "Servicing the Chevrolet Truck Hydramatic
Transmission Part 1  Maintenance and Adjustments" book that came with the
truck. I need to get the complete service manual so I can read up on all the
details.

I bought the Chevrolet Pickup Red Book thinking that it would have all the
information about the serial numbers, they don't even have the "V" VIN modifier
information and don't show the V-8 or the Hydramatic as engine/transmission
options-- a very disappointing book for a reference book!!!

Ernie
55 Cameo