Re: [oletrucks] carb flow rate?

To: mark@noakes.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] carb flow rate?
From: Roger.Gleason@uconn.edu
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:48:43 -0400
The most you can get with one tricked out is about 500cfm. There are too
many variations to determine which one you have and what it flows without
having my carb rebuilder that I use for the race car look at it. I would
assume that for round figures between 425cfm and 475cfm.
Roger Gleason
Crew Chief #81 Sportsman
51-AD 3100

                    mark@noakes.com

                    Sent by:                    To:
oletrucks@autox.team.net
                    owner-oletrucks@auto        cc:

                    x.team.net                  Subject:     [oletrucks] carb
flow rate?

                    06/20/01 02:45 PM

                    Please respond to

                    mark

Does anyone know the flow rate of the 2-bbl Rochester used on the V8's
55-59?  The maximum rate would be ok, and the whole curve would be even
better.  I need to do some flow calculations to make sure that the original
carb will work on my engine given my intended use profile, ie, more
interested in low end torque and higher venturi velocities for better gas
mileage rather than high hp at high rpm.  Most modified small blocks are
overcarbureted anyway, but this might be going too far the other way.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
59 GMC Suburban