[oletrucks] For sale, but not by me.

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] For sale, but not by me.
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 18:19:07 -0500
Saw a 57 Chevy short bed parked outside the local fire
station yesterday and just had to stop and check it out.
The owner told me he wanted to sell it because he preferred
his Corvette and didn't have time for it and the truck.  Shows
he has no taste, keeping the Vette and dumping the truck.

Anyway, I told him I would send an e-mail to the OleTruck
list in case there was anyone in the area interested.  The
comments and observations are mine.  I did NOT drive the
truck, nor did I hear it run.

57 Chevy short step side small back window.

"Deluxe" stainless trim around the windshield, doors and
back of cab.

Red paint looks good from 30 feet, but is getting old.

This is a daily driver and has numerous typical chips in
the paint.

Chrome grille has surface rust in the lower corners.

Non-stock taillights.

Bed wood looks OK, but whatever the finish is, it is
peeling badly.

Dash is stock, but has been cut to install AM/FM/Tape.

After market heater.

Engine is small block Chevy V8.  Owner says it is a 327.

Carb is a 4 barrel Rochester.

Dual exhausts.

Transmission is a 3 speed with overdrive.  I assume it
came in the truck as the rear mounts are on the bellhousing
and there is no rear support for the transmission.

Owner says clutch chatters when starting from a dead stop.

Wheels are '70s 4x4 GM wheels, 15".

The truck sits a couple of inches lower than my 57 GMC.
There are only 5 leaves in the front springs, so maybe
someone has removed one or more.  Also, he has 70 series
tires.

I didn't look at things like cab corners, hinge
pockets, etc.  I did see evidence of bodywork
near the top of the left rear fender.

He is asking $6K.

If you are interested, contact Eric Hames at
ehames@usitx.com

I assume he lives near me, roughly 25 miles north of
Houston Texas.