[oletrucks] Gas Guage reads empty

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas Guage reads empty
From: Ric McAnulty <ric_mcanulty@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 18:55:26 -0700 (PDT)
Trying to get the gas gauge working again in my 50
3100. Best guess is the PO fried the guage when
converting over to 12v. Checked the sending unit to
ground - good, sending unit to guage - good, guage
voltage - oops, no power. Traced back to fuse box,
empty. Placed new fuse in turned key, gauge didn't
move, 30 seconds later fuse blew. Threw a little
jumper cable accross fuse block, turned key, still no
guage, and fried the jumper cable. Best guess, dead
short at the guage. So, where can I get a replacement
guage, and then maybe the tougher question, how the
heck would one go about pulling the cluster and
replacing the guage ?
Thanks for all the help

Ric McAnulty
'50 3100 5-window 235-6 4 speed