[oletrucks] 46 GMC trucks

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 46 GMC trucks
From: HMills16@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 13:05:52 EDT
I have a 46 GMC EC102 that is in major components.  I also have a 46 GMC 1
1/2 ton flatbed that is complete but old.
The 1/2 ton has the 228 motor.  The bigger one has the 235 and transmission
which the 1/2 ton does not have.  Most of the tin on the 1 1/2 ton looks the
same as the 1/2 ton except maybe the fenders on the 1.5 ton may be bigger.
Questions: Which engine to rebuild? Pros and cons.
Is the 4 speed in the 1.5 ton workable in the .5 ton?  Low gear too low?
I believe the cab is identical.  I need but cannot find a good 3 speed for
the .5 ton and have only the bigger one.  Anyone near KCMO noted for tranny
rebuild?  Are other options better such as a newer tranny?
Anybody who has done a similar project, give me a shout.  I plan to use a
newer rear end and open drive shaft for better highway driving.

Regards,
Hugh Mills
KCMO