[oletrucks] 55-59 GMC cab stainless trim mounting

To: "oletruck" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55-59 GMC cab stainless trim mounting
From: "Dave Cunningham" <djcvjc@riconnect.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 21:11:09 -0400
 Hi,
I am getting ready to install the stainless trim on the cab, I bought new
mounting clips are these supposed to be sealed? The old clips were badly
rusted and there was rust around the mounting holes on the cab. I checked the
Chevy assembly manual it does not show any sealing around the clips. Does any
one know if there was a rubber seal around these or some kind of sealer? It
just seems like water would run in the lower holes and into the cab.

Thanks for any help.
Dave Cunningham

http://www.riconnect.com/djcvjc/1955gmctrucksite.html