[oletrucks] 1947 - 49 Lever-action shock to tubular shock conversion for

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1947 - 49 Lever-action shock to tubular shock conversion for
From: Stkcode <stkcode@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 19:27:45 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

        I took this off the front end of my 1953 3100 truck.
This setup would be great for those that have the
lever action style shock absorbers on the front end
and would like to upgrade to the newer style tubular
shocks yet still retail the stock I-beam.  This would
be ideal for 3100 trucks from the years of 1947 -
1949.  This setup retains the stock height and the
stock appearance.  The most work that needs to be done
to install it, is to drill a few holes in the
frame for the upper mounting brackets and to obtain
some grade 5 bolts to mount them to the frame.  Their
shouldn't be any other complications, if their are,
please let me know.  The rest
of the parts required are all included.

Supplied:
2 Upper mounting brackets (these where originally
riveted to the frame)
2 Lower mounting brackets (these just bolt to the
bottom of the I-beam)
2 New gas shocks (lower stem does have a little rust
since they where sitting outside)
8 New Gas shock grommets
4 New Shock mounting nuts
4 Shock locking-half nuts
2 U-bolts (they are 1/2 inche longer than the stock
front ones)
4 U-bolt spacers
4 U-bolt nuts

Suggested/Needed:
8 Grade 5 mounting bolts and nuts

I am asking $120 for the whole cabudle plus s/h.
Sorry, I don't have a picture at this time but I do
have a scanned picture of what the it looks like
installed.  This was scanned from the factory assembly
manual.  Some of the parts where given a quicky gray
paint job a while back but could obviously be painted
to your likeing.  Please e-mail me off this list if
you are interested..

http://geocities.com/stkcode/frontshocks.jpg

Thanks,
Jon