Re: [oletrucks] not a truck but a chevy

To: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>, "Oletrucks"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] not a truck but a chevy
From: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 12:35:40 -0400
Tom, as you well know, EVERYTHING about the value of an old auto depends on
condition.  According to "The Old Cars Price Guide" (my favorite price
guide), the value of a '39 Chevy coupe ranges from $18,000 (for an
absolutely perfect show car) to $600 for a junker parts car.  The OCPG
states values in 6 different ranges (1=perfect show car.....down to 6=junker
parts car).  From your description, looks like the '39 coupe your friend is
looking at is somewhere around a 4 or 5 condition car.  Based on the values
in the OCPG, looks like the '39 coupe would be worth around $3,000 top end,
and around $1,500 low end.  Obviously, the value would be a little more if
the upholstery is decent and the body is in good shape.  Let me know if I
can help further.
Tom Caperton
47-2nd 3100....in Whiteville, NC
tcape@weblnk.net