Re: [oletrucks] dumb 6-cyl question from a couple of V8 guys

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] dumb 6-cyl question from a couple of V8 guys
From: john dorsey <jrdorsey@strato.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:50:19 -0400
The easiest way to tell the full pressure from the dipper 235 is to see
if it has the oil director valve. Look on the drivers side of the engine
right below where the exhaust pipe exits the manifold and just above the
oil pan. It will be an odd shaped cover about 4" long by 2" high with
three screws. If it has this it is a dipper engine.

Full pressure was factory in 1954, but many times earlier dipper engines
were replaced with car or '54 truck full pressure engines.

--
John Dorsey
Wauchula FL