[oletrucks] dumb 6-cyl question from a couple of V8 guys

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] dumb 6-cyl question from a couple of V8 guys
From: mark@noakes.com
Date: 26 Jul 2001 18:54:37 -0700
My brother Brian just bought a 53 AD truck to fix up and sell (so he says...but
I've never seen him sell anything).  We are both TF V8 types (and I usually
only track the TF threads on the list) and so need to ask the list about 6-cyl
info.

He says that it has a high pressure 235 in it (his 57 Suburban has one for
comparison) and that it looks original/never tampered with, but he would like
to know for sure.  Where do we find the casting numbers on the 235 to determine
what year it is.  What else should we look for to verify this engine?

I told him that I was pretty sure that that engine was available in 53; I guess
he was thinking that because his wife's 50 AD has a 216, that this truck should
have either the 216 or a low pressue 235.  I'm pretty sure that the Corvette 53
235 was the high pressure type though.

I'm hoping that this will finally get Brian on-line and on-list; we'll see.

Thanks,

Mark Noakes
58/56 Chevy Suburban
59 GMC Suburban
Knoxville, TN

Brian Noakes
at least 2 dozen TF trucks that I know of with a major collection of
57's--NAPCO, Cameo, Suburban, 1/2 ton farm truck, etc.
at least 3 AD trucks that I know of...
Columbia, TN