[oletrucks] Original or IFS??

To: "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Original or IFS??
From: "Wayne Craig" <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 08:48:04 -0400
I recently purchased a 1953 Chevy 1/2 ton PU. The truck has a 327 Chevy SB and
a 72 Camaro Posi rear axle, but still has the original front suspension. It
seems a shame to replace the original front suspension because it was recently
rebuilt and is like new, but the brake system really sucks, and the steering
system is out of phase. I'm weighing the options. Should I keep the original
front suspension, but convert to disk brakes, or just bite the bullet and put
in a modern front suspension? If I convert to an IFS, I've been looking at the
Fat Man IFS Stage II Kit, and also am considering "RB's" bolt-in suspension.
My welding skills are nil, but I could probably get a friend who is an
excellent welder to help me with the Fat Man kit. I could probably do the
"bolt-in" myself.
I would welcome any opinions on the subject.

Thanks,
A.W.