RE: [oletrucks] Original or IFS??

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Original or IFS??
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 18:38:10 -0400
I liked the I-beam front end until I got the hot rod bug. I don't trust the
MII set-up it was designed for a much lighter car (pinto to MII). I am using
a Jaguar XJ-6 front (and rear suspension) n my AD truck with a 425 Buick
Nailhead BB motor. The Jags were/are pretty heavy (4000 lbs. With a 6
cylinder engine, I don't know what the XJS v-12 cars weighed in at but I'm
betting more) they are power rack and pinion, wishbone a-arm and have disc
brakes.  Plus they lower the truck by 6-8 or so inches. I'm trying to design
a bolt-in kit for this front end.

Jon P