[oletrucks] Vintage Air

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Vintage Air
From: "S Culver" <sculver@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 17:49:25 -0500
I just got in from a drive in my '50 3600 daily driver, and have to say that
I've had my Vintage Air conditioner for 2 years now, and it has been great.  I
recently read some negative feedback on Vintage Air, but because I had mine
installed, rather than doing my own, I didn't have to deal with the tech
support people for the installation.  I can say, however, that the one time
that I did have to call, I got a quick response.

The only problem that I have ever had was with the belts.  The main crankshaft
pulley was wide, and the a/c, water pump and alternator pulleys were the
newer, narrow ones.  For this reason, the belt that turned the air conditioner
and alternator slipped under load.  I found a guy called the Damper Doctor,
got a narrow pulley for the crankshaft, and everything is snug now, and
working fine.

Only problem with air conditioning a cool looking old truck is that when
people give the "thumbs up," I have to roll the window down to return the
greeting.

Smokey Culver
League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)