Re: [oletrucks] Sound/Heat Insulating Materials for Trucks

To: S Culver <sculver@mcleodusa.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sound/Heat Insulating Materials for Trucks
From: antonio <antonio@innercite.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 10:44:56 -0700
What is that actual name of this stuff? Does it have
the self sticking side? or Do you have to use the spray
adhesive?
I have been using something called Q-pads that I get at
the local auto paint supply store, they cost $19.00 for
a box of 6 tiles of 12x12.

Thanks,

Antonio,
Quoting S Culver <sculver@mcleodusa.net>:

> inexpensive insulation you can buy at Lowe's or Home
> Depot
>
> Tom-
>
> I use the foil bubble wrap stuff that you mentioned,
and it works great.  I
> have it between the roof and the headliner, under the
floor mat and felt
> pad, and between the firewall cover and the
firewall.  Also under, and
> behind the seat.  Lot quieter ride for a few bucks.
I recently put a
> double
> layer inside each door, and now when I shut the door,
it sounds more like
> shutting the door of a Lexus than a 50-something year
old truck!

> Smokey Culver
> League City, Texas
> '50 3600 5-window (mine)
> '58 Apache (hers)
> '99 Intruder LC 1500
> See 'em at http://sites.netscape.net/ChrlsCul/homepage
> oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built
between 1941 and 1959