Re: [oletrucks] Sound/Heat Insulating Materials for Trucks

To: "tcape" <tcape@weblnk.net>, "oletrucks list"
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Sound/Heat Insulating Materials for Trucks
From: "S Culver" <sculver@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 07:30:37 -0500
inexpensive insulation you can buy at Lowe's or Home
Depot

Tom-

I use the foil bubble wrap stuff that you mentioned, and it works great.  I
have it between the roof and the headliner, under the floor mat and felt
pad, and between the firewall cover and the firewall.  Also under, and
behind the seat.  Lot quieter ride for a few bucks.  I recently put a double
layer inside each door, and now when I shut the door, it sounds more like
shutting the door of a Lexus than a 50-something year old truck!

Smokey Culver
League City, Texas
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'58 Apache (hers)