[oletrucks] Gas tank removal

To: "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Gas tank removal
From: "Wayne Craig" <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 14:52:32 -0400
   I  just found out that the gas tank on my 53 Chevy 1/2 PU is full of
crud. I decided to remove it but have run into a snag.   The nut that holds
the gas tank strap on seems impossible to remove. It takes a 1/2 " deep
socket, but there is no room to get to socket and socket wrench in place.
Also there is no room for a open end wrench due to the "ears" around the
nut.
   Am I missing something here?  Has anyone had a similar problem removing
thier gas tank?

Thanks for any input,
Wayne C.