Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank removal

To: "OLE-CHEVY-TRUCKS" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank removal
From: "Wayne Craig" <wcraig@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:07:59 -0400
Thanks to all for suggestions on removing my gas tank. I was finally able to
get the tank removed by bending  a 1/2" box end wrench that I found in my tool
box.  This wrench was made from aluminum and was only 4" long and 1/8" thick
so I was able to bend it into a "L" shape and with the  use of some WD40 was
able to remove the nuts from the strap bolts.  The tank looks in good shape on
the outside , but the question now is should I replace it with a new tank
($200) or try and clean and seal it with one of the kits from Eastwood. I
inquired about having a radiator shop do the cleaning and sealing but they
want $130 for the job.  Has anyone used the Eastwood or similar kit and would
you reccomend it?

Thanks,
Wayne C.