Re: [oletrucks] mystery axle

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] mystery axle
From: "Jon Kunkel" <jonkunkel@home.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 17:43:44 -0500
>From the pictures it looks to be from a 1952 or older Chevrolet vehicle,
possibly a 1508 (Sedan delivery).  I noticed the drag link to be 1952 and
older vehicle, also the tie rod ends.

The only thing that is baffling is where are the brake shoe adjusters?  One
on the bottom?  Cannot tell from the picture.  Also the brake drums appear
to be 1951 and newer.  So quite possibly a 1951 to 1952 Chevrolet product.
Or is it possible this axle has a mixture of parts from different years?

Just my 2 cents......

Jon 50 3104
Chicago burbs