[oletrucks] What should my '58 clutch cover look like ?

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] What should my '58 clutch cover look like ?
From: "Haas, J. de" <Haas@WT.TNO.NL>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 12:13:10 +0200
Hi guys,

I have a question which could be quite easy for some of you to answer. I have a
'58  Apache with a 283 and a three speed manual gearbox. When I look under the
truck there is no cover between the transmission and the engine. In other words
I am looking directly at the flywheel and the clutch. Could any of you tell or
show me what the cover should look like ?

Should there be a plate between the engine and the transmission to cover the
front side (from vehicle point of view) of the flywheel and a separate cover on
teh transmission side? Or is it one cover that covers the complete clutch and
flywheel front and back ?

I hope you guys can help. I live in Holland, Europe and '58 Apaches with my
engine/transmission combination do not exactly drive by on a daily basis !

Thanks

Joeri de Haas