[oletrucks] Overdrive help

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Overdrive help
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 17:16:25 EDT
I have two GM 3-speed overdrive transmissions, one in my truck and a spare,
just in case.  Can anyone help identify them?  I think they are Borg-Warner,
but I'm not sure.  I have the shop manual for these units, but they do not
refer to the manufacturer.

Casting marks on the 3-speed part of the case are "3845122", one date coded
"L34" and the other is L65.  I think this part of the tranny is the same as a
non-OD 3-speed.  On the tailshaft is stamped "R10H-1" and below that is "WG
DIV".  I think these are both the long tailshaft models, the overall length
of the trans from bolt flange to rear seal is 22 inches.  Help me ID these
things if you can.  Thanks.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX