[oletrucks] Running board brackets

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Running board brackets
From: Barrett Revis <snappydog@jackass.net>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2001 01:28:27 -0700
There's a part I never see in the catalogs, ebay, or at the swap
meets:  the brackets riveted to the frame that the running boards set
on top of, referred to in the assembly manual & parts book as "step
hangers".
My situation is this: on my '53 Chevy panel (3105), some PO hit
something with the back right step hanger, crumpling it and pushing
the running board back into the right rear fender. The right center
and right front step hangers were both bent back about two inches in
the process.
Now I suppose that the center and front step hangers could be bent
back some how (big ass hammer?) but the rear one is mangled, and I
need another one to replace it.

Any suggestions where to look for one?

All three of them look pretty much the same to my untrained eye, but
the assembly manual has different numbers for the rear (3684103)
center (3683634) and both front right (3683574) and left (3683573)
step hangers for the 3100's. If I ended up with the wrong one, I
imagine I could make it work one way or another.
Any help on this would be appreciated, it doesn't seem to be a part
folks want to go to the bother of grinding or chiseling off when
they're stripping down and old AD for parts.

Barrett Revis
Sparks, NV

'53 3105
'48 3105
the fewer the moving parts, the less there is to go wrong...