[oletrucks] 57 GMC

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 57 GMC
From: Bob Browell <bob.browell@campfire.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:12:23 -0500
I have a 57 GMC with a 58 Pontiac 336. My question is about replacing door
and vent window weather-stripping. Am I correct that I need to remove the
vent wing glass from the frame (with gasoline?) before I can remove the
frame spindle from the inner frame (that holds the glass frame?) Thus, I
would then be able to remove the glass frame and insert the
weather-stripping. If that's the process what does the list recommend as a
paint finish for the glass frame? My window frames are pretty grungy (though
not rusty.) How does the vertical division bar (that separates the window
glass from the vent wing glass) become detached from the door? Is removing
the vertical division bar required to extract the door glass? Any other
hints about replacing all this weather-stripping?