Re: [oletrucks] 57 GMC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 57 GMC
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 08:43:28 -0500
The vent window and main window channel come out as an assembly.
I posted a procedure on this about a year ago that should be in
the archives after I changed the main window.

Briefly:

Start with the main window down.

Remove the trim around the inside of the top part of the door.

Remove about 5 very small phillips head screws holding the vent window
frame to the door frame on the top and front.  These are sort of
hidden by the vent window frame weatherstripping.

Remove the two screws at the bottom of the main window channel.
You can see these on the inside of the door.

The top of the main channel can now be pried towards the inside of
the cab, and the whole vent window assembly pulled out.

The Chevy service manual covers this pretty well.  Don't know about
GMC, but it should be the same.

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200
65 Electra
Mt. Iron, MN

At Monday, 10 September 2001, you wrote:

>I have a 57 GMC with a 58 Pontiac 336. My question is about replacing
door
>and vent window weather-stripping. Am I correct that I need to remove
the
>vent wing glass from the frame (with gasoline?) before I can remove the
>frame spindle from the inner frame (that holds the glass frame?)
Thus, I