[oletrucks] Power brake boosters - No Limit's bracket

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Power brake boosters - No Limit's bracket
From: "kmm 1024" <kmm1024@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:09:39 -0700
I think I might have found a brake booster for my '53 chevy if it is the
right one that'll work.  On No Limit's (www.nolimit.net) webpage they say
you can use a 1974-78 Mustang II or 79-90 Mustang master cylinder and
booster with their bracket.  (Although I'd make the bracket and linkage
myself).  Can anyone confirm that both these are 7" boosters and if there
are any differences?  I've seen many of these in catalogs and at shows, and
they're all 7" and look just like it (going for around $350 for a complete
kit).  One vendor said that it was a custom made 7" booster, not out of any
car.  Also, if anyone would happen to know if the newer Mustang master
cylinder one (1 small round cap) would line up with the hole in the floor
better than the mustang II (which im guessing is the metal plate thats held
on by a wire)?  It'd probably be easier to fill even if you had to do it
from underneath.