Re: [oletrucks] What truck is it?

To: "David B. Cushing" <david_b_cushing@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What truck is it?
From: Bill Bailey <billb@gamewood.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 07:02:54 -0400
Hi
That is a partial VIN you have there.
If it was a 3/4 ton originally it would have had "3E" in front of it. If
it was a 1/2 ton 114" wheelbase it would have had a "3A" in front of it,
"3B" if it were a 123" wheelbase.
If the truck originally came a with a 283 V-8 then it would have had a
"V" in front of the VIN.
For example if yours is a 1/2 ton short bed that came with a V-8 it
would have been
V3A57L107513 or just 3A57L107513 if it had a 235 inline six motor.
Concerning the part of the VIN you have you can decode as follows
57 - the year
L - the assembly plant (Los Angeles)
107513 - the 7513 truck off the line. They started with 100001 as the
first truck.
Hope this helps

--
Bill Bailey