RE: [oletrucks] Mileage

To: "Jon" <stkcode@yahoo.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Mileage
From: "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 22:32:00 -0600
I think the lesson is that there are a lot of options/variables and
somewhere on the web (or the archives) is the formula that computes
RPM for a given speed, tire circumference, ratio, and tranny output.

I can't remember all the specifics but for my 3104 I ended up with a
TH350, 3.23 final drive (camaro), and 235r70-15...that'd give me just
over 2400 RPM at 65 and 'should' give me enough pop off the line to be
fun without hurting myself.  If that's not the case, I'll consider the
economics of a 700r4 for the lower first gear and the overdrive for
cruising.

All this figuring and planning and I'm only a year away from finding
out how it works ;-)

While I'm running the 235 in the 3105 I just make a bbb-bbb-bbb noise
with my finger and my lips.

-A