RE: [oletrucks] Rims

To: "Jhouse" <jhouse@ccsol.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rims
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 10:21:31 -0500
If you have a working front axle with good wheel bearings, try bolting
the wheel on and spinning it by hand.  You should be able to see the
edge of the rim wobble if it is not straight.  Make sure to check both
the outer and inner rims and look for both side to side movement as well
as out of roundness.  Bracing your hand against a fixed object (Igloo
cooler filled with cold ones of your choice) and holding a piece of
chalk real close to the rim will show you high spots.  Or you could go
spend a bunch of money on a set of run out gauges.