RE: [oletrucks] Task Force rewire

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Task Force rewire
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:31:08 -0500
I would recommend running heavier wires through relays for the headlights.
I am doing that with mine right now and I have a Painless wiring kit
installed although I don't think the problem is unique to Painless.  All the
wiring kits have too small of wires for the long runs from inside the cab,
through the switches, and back out to the bulbs.  I measured the voltage at
the bulb on mine and it was only 11.4 volts which equates to about 50% light
output from the bulb.  Here is an excellent article on how to do it.

http://lighting.mbz.org/tech/how_to/relays/

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas