Re: [oletrucks] Is it possible?

To: <LonG4VT@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Is it possible?
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 14:32:28 -0700
Hi,

You have what is  referred to as the good OLE "Huck Brakes" on your 1950.
This can be verified by the presence of brake adjuster caps on each side of
the wheel cylinder.

Before you disassembled the brakes you should have had a long spring
"Retracting Spring" right under the wheel cylinder "going from the top of
one shoe to the other".  This spring keeps the shoes tightly against the end
pins of the wheel cylinders.

You do have two hold down springs which are at the 3 and 9 O'clock position.
The springs look like coiled cones.

Hope I helped a little.........

Joe
The Resto Rod Shop