Re: [oletrucks] chevy duty harness question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] chevy duty harness question
From: Edward Miller <edngael@open.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 19:37:53 -0700
Well, I can't remember where I got my wiring harness, but it had no
provision for the fuse box.  That shows up in my accessory manual,
suggesting to me that a fuse box wasn't standard equipment.  Do your
directions say anything about a fuse box later?  If not, we may be able
to come up with instructions on likely circuits to run through the box.
You would need extra wire, in that case.

Make sure your battery's good when you go to start the truck after
you're done.  I finished my job, tried to start the truck and nothing --
wouldn't turn over or anything.  The battery read 12 volts or so, so I
assumed I'd made some big mistake.  The truck sat in my discouragement
for at least 2 years, until one day out of curiosity I put the battery
from my wrecked Nissan Sentra into the truck.  It started right up.
Drove the truck for about 5 years on that car battery.  Got lousy mpg on
that old gas, though!  Go figure.
Ed Miller
'58 Apache Fleetside (283, runs great)

Nate wrote:
Okay I've got close to two thirds of my chevy duty wire harness in
following the instructions provided, and I think I've got all the under
the dash stuff done, but as of yet nothing has had to be connected to
the
fuse box.  Any ideas why  this is?  Anybody else have this problem?
Thanks again,

Nate

1959 Chevy Apache 3600
1960 Chevy Apache 3/4 ton (future project)