Re: [oletrucks] TF Gas Neck Grommet Install

To: djcvjc@riconnect.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] TF Gas Neck Grommet Install
From: McGillis@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 14:10:56 EDT
In a message dated 10/14/01 10:57:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
djcvjc@riconnect.com writes:

> Subj:  Re: [oletrucks] TF Gas Neck Grommet Install
>  Date:    10/14/01 10:57:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>  From:    djcvjc@riconnect.com (Dave Cunningham)
>  To:  oletrucks@autox.team.net (oletruck), McGillis@aol.com
>
>  Hi,
>  I installed mine a month ago in my 55 GMC Suburban Carrier I struggled with
>  it for a while dry then I mixed some dish soap and water put that in a
spray
>  bottle and sprayed plenty of it on the rubber. Now I put the grommet in the
>  cab first and then worked the fill pipe in that seemed the best way to do
it
>  (I did not want to mess up the cab paint). It makes for a tight fit but I
>  guess it should be to make it weather tight.
>
>  Good luck
>  Dave Cunningham
>
>  http://www.riconnect.com/djcvjc/1955gmctrucksite.html

*************************************
Thanks, Dave, I'm going to try your dish soap recipie.

Where did you buy your grommet?  Mine came from Truck Shop in Orange, CA.

Nice website!  Your truck looks like a real project.

You can see mine at the bottom of
http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne/55trucks.html

      Dennis McGillis
Vintage Chevrolet Club of America