RE: [oletrucks] 283 rebuild sadness

To: "'Old Trucks List'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 283 rebuild sadness
From: "Richard Kinas" <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:42:55 -0400
Thanks for all the advice,

Here's what took place:

Torqured all the Mains to 65ft-lbs. One by one, released torque to finger
tight.
Main #4 was the culprit.
Called by machine shop, he had a new crank shipped over from Tampa.
Picked it up Friday late afternoon.
Saturday installed new crank, works like a dream.
Installed all the pistons, in the afternoon.
Of course I could not find my 3/8ths to 1/4 socket reducer I need for the
torque wrench.
Damn if I know how I can misplace my tools sometimes. I must have half a
dozen of these around the shop somewhere from previous misplacements.
Anyway.....
Down to the auto parts store. Hopefully I will manage to keep track of this
one until the motor is all back together.

Thanks again,

Rich Kinas
59 Fleetside
Orlando, FL