[oletrucks] Fuel Pump

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Fuel Pump
From: James Collins <jxc7@psu.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 21:11:39 -0400
A while ago I purchased a fuel pump (normal style, no glass or vacuum
assist) for my 50 Chevy PU w/235. The engine is said to be from a 1953
Chevy auto. Engine I.d. places it on the assembly line February 1953. The
pump doesn't seem to fit. Can't recall the orientation of the old one I
removed, that is: which end is up? Inside the small rectangular hole there
sits a shinny cylindrical roller. I can't get the foot on the pump to fit
in and align with the bolt holes in either direction. Is there somthing I'm
missing here? Recently I reordered new pump thinking perhaps I mistakenly
ordered the wrong one. The new box contained the exact same pump. (Sorry
LCM I will be returning it to you soon) Don't ask me what I did with the
one that was originally on the truck, I've had the whole thing pulled apart
too long to remember where I put it, I wish I were perfect, sorry. Am I on
the right track thinking that most 235's take a common fuel pump and that
beyond the glass/vac choice there's not much to it? If so, that would leave
some method or proceedure that isn't particularly obvious or it's something
worse?

Fuelishly,

James