Re: [oletrucks] door question

To: <CHARLES_A._CLARK@HUD.GOV>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] door question
From: "dpewter" <dpewter@msn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:16:54 -0500
>From what I have seen & read from others on the list b4, the doors OVERALL
are interchangeable (from older cab to newer cab, older doors to newer
doors), but the door internals are not.  I have seen the glass & the 51 &
later vent wing style doors have the metal shaped for thinner glass (no
metal frame around the glass) & would not allow for the framed windows (not
to mention different sheet metal shape where the vent window goes).  Also,
the outside pushbutton door handles (52 & later) have different cutouts in
the doors, than do the pull down handles (as well as different latch
hardware).  The hinges are the same, but the striker plates for the door
latches are different between 51 & 52 (although they will fit on either
early or late cabs, you just have to use the right ones for the doors you
are using).

Remember too that 1951 is the only year with doors that have pull down
handles (old) AND vent windows (new).  Look at a Chevy Duty catalog for
"What year is it?" identification data & also the door stickers pictures &
year specs. in the door section of the catalog.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com
Denton, TX