[oletrucks] Rear end question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Rear end question
From: "Pat Muccigrosso" <yarddogdoctor@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:33:43 -0400
I can appreciate the question on the 6 lug rear replacement because I'm
looking at the same situation. If I keep the truck stock I reduce the
drivability - if I upgrade the suspension - What kind of other demons am I
going to create?  I have a bone stock 55 3/4 ton shortbox and I'm just
starting to "design" what I want to do - so I'm looking for lots of opinions
from you veterans who have done this already.

If I replace the rear - what later model Chevy/GM rear can I get from a
boneyard thats the best match installation-wise?  Does any vendor make a
front crossmember kit that will let me upgrade to front discs?  I've decided
that I'm not going to light up my torch and do this wrong so I appreciate a
good discussion among the list members. Thanks

Pat Muccigrosso
55 3/4 ton shortbox