Re: [oletrucks] Weight of a 235

To: "Justin C. Earl" <porkchopzz4@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Weight of a 235
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 05:31:26 -0700
Weight's not the problem, it's the length on these sixes, with b/house on
especially. I have an import stand, rated at 1250 but it has the extra dual
wheels spread out some on front as well as back. That's most important to
me. Wider is better, remember that. Keeps it from tipping when rolling.
Still have to be careful when moving. I see the new "fold-up" ones at
Northern Tools and wish I had that one. It has four wheels at pivot area so
it can be rolled around folded and has two wheels on outward ends of fol'up
legs. Don't remember the weight on it now. If you can weld and buy the
rectangualr and square tubing, not that hard to make one. Hardest part is
finding two tubes that just fit into each other for the pivot.

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
AD COE's in process
GMC Tilt -cab flatbed