Re: [oletrucks] tail lights on my '59

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] tail lights on my '59
From: Leon Corley <lcorley@ticnet.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 08:03:41 -0500
Your lights should each have 4 connections -
    Backup
    Brake
    Tail lamp
    Ground

The backup should be connected through the backup switch to the ignition
terminal of the ignition switch.   Both left and right backup lamps tail lamps
should be connected together.

The tail lamp should be connected to the Park terminal of the headlamp switch.
Both left and right tail lamps should be connected together.

The brake should be connected to the turn signal switch in the column.  Left
and right brake lamps have a separate connection to the turn signal switch.  A
wire from the battery positive terminal should be connected through the brake
light switch to the brake
input of the turn signal switch. The turn signal switch is a fairly complex
assembly.  When it is centered, it connects the brake lamps to the  brake light
switch.  when it is out of center it connects one of the brake lights and the
front parking light to the
flasher.  The other brake light remains connected to the brake light switch.

The ground connection should be connected to a shiny place on the truck frame.
Or for maximum reliability, run the ground wire to a negative terminal block at
the battery.

regards,
Leon